- The report is based on primary surveys conducted by ICD Research accessing its B2B panels comprised of senior business decision makers. The opinions and forward looking statements 388 industry executives are captured in our in-depth survey, of which 42% represent directors, C‑level executives and departmental heads.
- The geographical scope of the research is global – drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East.
- The report has also included opinions of respondents from defense departments and ministries; this would help defense suppliers to understand their buyers’ view point on most issues.
- The report also classifies key emerging opportunities and changing priorities of defense supplier companies as global defense expenditure dips.
- The report analyzes the expectations of future change in global defense expenditure and provides a break-downy by major countries
- The report also identifies the critical impacts of decrease in defense budgets on defense companies and strategies adopted by them to counter the change.
- The report also tries to understand the industry dynamics with respect to change in merger and acquisition (M&A), collaboration and outsourcing activities.
- Key topics covered include category-level demand outlooks, revenue change expectations and market specific growth opportunities
“Global Defense Survey 2012: Decreasing Defense Expenditure in the Global Defense Industry, Impact on Suppliers and Countermeasures” is a new report by ICD Research that analyzes the global defense industry’s view point on decreasing defense budgets. This report examines the effects of decrease in defense expenditure on the global defense industry and identifies its impact on revenue expectations of global defense suppliers . It also analyzes business strategies of defense contractors and other suppliers, identifies new business opportunities and priorities, and forecasts demand for key products and services. It also projects expected change in global defense expenditure, region-level military budgets, merger and acquisition expectations, collaborative projects and outsourcing trends.
The report features the opinions of global defense industry respondents related to the following:
- Expected change in global defense expenditure over the next two years
- Key factors affecting military budgets
- Critical impacts on global defense suppliers and revenue change expectations
- Business strategies adopted by the global defense industry to counter changes
- Change in business priorities of defense companies and emerging business opportunities
- Key product segments and projects that are affected by budget slashes
- Demand for various products and services, including key markets that will drive growth
- Changes in merger and acquisition, collaboration and outsourcing activities
Here you can find more information: Global Defense Survey 2012: Decreasing Defense Expenditure in the Global Defense Industry, Impact on Suppliers and Countermeasures