- Top level overview of The German Defense Industry
- A breakdown of the German defense industry by spend pattern valued from 2005 through 2010 and forecasted from 2011 through 2016
- A breakdown of the markets by segment valued from 2005 through 2010 and forecasted from 2011 through 2016
- Details of top companies active across the German defense industry
- Emerging trends and opportunities in the German defense industry in the last 12 months
This report offers insights into market opportunities and entry strategies adopted by foreign OEMs to gain a market share in the German defense industry. In particular, it offers in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market opportunity and attractiveness: Detailed analysis of the current market size and growth expectations during 2010–2016, including highlights of the key drivers, to aid understanding of the growth dynamics. It also benchmarks the sector against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
- Procurement dynamics: Trend analysis of imports and exports, along with their implications and impact on the German defense industry.
- Industry structure: Five forces analysis to identify various power centers in the industry and how these are likely to develop in the future.
- Market entry strategy: Analysis of possible ways to enter the market, along with knowledge of how existing companies have entered the market, including key contracts, alliances, and strategic initiatives.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: Analysis of the competitive landscape of defense manufacturers in Germany. It provides an overview of the key defense companies (both domestic and foreign) along with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
- Business environment and country risk: A range of drivers at country level, assessing business environment and country risk. It covers historical and forecast values for a range of indicators evaluating business confidence, economic performance, infrastructure quality and availability, labor force, demographics, and political and social risk.
- Analysis of defense industry market size from 2005 through 2010 and forecasts till 2016
- Analysis of defense budget allocation
- Benchmarking with key global markets
- Market opportunities
- Defense procurement dynamics
- Industry dynamics
- Market entry strategy
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights
- Business environment and country risk
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insight into the German defense industry with current, historic and forecast market values
- Gain insight into market opportunity and attractiveness
- Gain insight into industry procurement dynamics
- Gain insight into industry structure
- Gain insight into the regulations governing the German defense industry and the potential market entry strategies with an expert analysis of the competitive structure
- Identify top companies of the German defense industry along with profiles of all those companies
With few internal or external threats, German defense policy is largely aligned towards the prevention and containment of crises and conflicts. Despite this, the country’s defense expenditure which valued at US$44.1 billion in 2011, allocates as much as US$14.6 billion on the procurement of military hardware. Furthermore, the country has a mature domestic sector, capable of fulfilling both local and export requirements. Nevertheless, Germany’s participation in peacekeeping activities and in the development of advanced military transport aircraft is expected to support the growth of its defense industry over the forecast period.
With no exclusive organizations focused on fighting terrorism, Germany’s homeland security expenditure is largely concerned with the security of its borders and the international threat of terrorism. Indeed, while Germany is expected to procure biometric identification systems to prevent illegal immigration by increased efficiency in border patrol, attractive opportunities are forecast to emerge in the areas of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), all-terrain vehicles, satellite radar systems and, if it were to pull out of its ongoing A400M development program, military transport aircraft.
Here you can find more information: The German Defense Industry – Market Opportunities, Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016