Minister for Defence Materiel Jason Clare today announced 12 new Australian organisations had joined the Rapid Prototyping, Development and Evaluation Program (RPDE).
The Rapid Prototyping, Development and Evaluation Program (RPDE) is a partnership between Defence, industry and academic institutions across Australia.
It brings Defence, industry and academic institutions together to fix high risk and complex Defence capability problems.
The new organisations to join the program are:
- Elbit Systems of Australia Pty Ltd;
- Pilatus Australia Pty Ltd;
- Artis Group Pty Ltd;
- Cocoon Data Holdings Limited;
- Edith Cowan University;
- Eggler Consulting Engineers;
- Etherstack Pty Ltd;
- Frazer-Nash Consultancy Ltd;
- Orbital8 Pty Ltd;
- RPC Technologies Pty Ltd;
- University of Western Australia; and
- ZBOB Engineering Pty Ltd.
- “220 companies and academic institutions are now part of this program,” Mr Clare said.
“The work they’re doing is saving taxpayers’ money and making sure our soldiers, sailors and aircrew have got the capability they need to do their job.”
The RPDE program has now commenced its 100th activity for Defence.
The program has contributed to more than a third of the projects in the Defence Capability Plan and the outcomes are exceptional.
Examples of this include:
- The Anzac Class Frigates Electronic Interference Remediation project which has improved communications and the safety of Naval personnel;
- Identifying savings to taxpayers of $50,000 a day in fuel costs through better energy management at Forward Operating Bases; and
- Fast-tracking sensor training for Air Combat Officers so they are ready for the arrival of the new F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.
“These are terrific examples of what can be done when Defence draws on the expertise in Australian industry and academic institutions.”
A full list of RPDE Participants can be found on the RPDE website at http://www.rpde.org.au/participants/
Ministerial Support and Public Affairs,
Department of Defence,
More news and articles can be found on Facebook and Twitter.