EU implements international restrictive measures against Eritrea
- having acted in violation of the arms embargo;
- providing support from Eritrea to armed opposition groups which aim to destabilise the region;
- obstructing implementation of UNSCR 1862 (2009) concerning the border dispute between Djibouti and Eritrea;
- harbouring, financing, facilitating, supporting, organising, training or inciting individuals or groups to perpetrate acts of violence or terrorist acts against other States or their citizens in the region;
- obstructing the investigations or work of the monitoring group pursuant to UNSCR 1853 (2008) concerning the situation in Somalia.
1 The decision was taken without discussion at the Competitiveness Council meeting.
2 Sanctions committee established pursuant to UNSCR 751 (1992) and expanded by UNSCR 1844 (2008).
Council Of The European