Israel is one of the largest defense markets in the Middle East and also has one of the largest per capita defense expenditures in the world – US$1711 in 2012. Moreover, the per capita defense expenditure is expected to continue growing due to both internal and external security threats in the country. Israel is also set to receive US$20.1 billion worth of military aid from the US to spend on military hardware during the forecast period. Overall, Israel is projected to spend a total of US$28.39 billion on the acquisition of military hardware between 2013 and 2017.
|Click to enlarge|
| Here you can find more information about:
‘’The Israeli Defense Industry: Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2017’’ provides detailed analysis of the current industry size and growth expectations from 2012 to 2017, including highlights of key growth stimulators. It also benchmarks the industry against key global markets and provides a detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
In 2012, the Israeli defense market valued US$13.28 billion and had the third largest military expenditure in the Middle East. During the review period, Israeli defense expenditure has recorded a CAGR of -0.59% and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.97% over the forecast period, reflecting the threats from Iran, Syria, and other neighboring Arab countries. Moreover, Israel spent an average of 6% of its GDP on defense between 2008 and 2012.
During the forecast period, the Israeli defense budget is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.97% to reflect the security threats posed by Iran and Syria, hostility from neighboring countries, and Israel’s inadequate troop size as a result of the country’s small population. During the same period, military aid from the US will continue to increase the spending power of the country. Between 2013 and 2017, Israel is expected to accelerate its defense procurement plans to prepare for potential confrontations with Iran or Syria.
Reasons to buy
- Provides detailed analysis of the current industry size and growth expectations from 2012 to 2017, including highlights of key growth stimulators. It also benchmarks the industry against key global markets and provides a detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
- Includes trend analysis of imports and exports, together with the resulting implications and impact on the Israeli defense industry
- Covers five forces analysis to identify various power centers in the industry and how these are expected to develop in the future
- Allows readers to identify possible ways to enter the market, together with detailed descriptions of how existing companies have entered the market, including key contracts, alliances, and strategic initiatives
- Helps the reader to understand the competitive landscape of the defense industry in Israel. It provides an overview of key defense companies, both domestic and foreign, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
The Israeli Defense Industry – Market Opportunities, Entry Strategies,Analyses and Forecasts to 2016 – http://www.globdef-studies.com/The-Israeli-Defense-Industry-Market-Opportunities-Entry-StrategiesAnalyses-and-Forecasts-to-2016
About Strategic Defence Intelligence
This report is one of a series available to subscribers of our premium research platform, Strategic Defence Intelligence. Strategic Defence Intelligence provides a stream of continuously updated customer and competitor intelligence, as well as detailed research reports providing an unrivalled source of global information on the latest developments in the defence industry. Strategic Defence Intelligence’s unique monitoring platform tracks global defence activity for over 2,500 companies and 65 product categories in real time and in a highly structured manner, giving a comprehensive and easily-searchable picture of all defence industry activity. The site features: daily updated analysis, comment and news, company and customer profiles, defence spending, tenders and contracts, product and technology intelligence, a research and analysis database providing access to industry and competitor reports to enable business and market planning, and fully customizable tools, including instant personalized report generation and custom alerts.
For more than a decade GlobalDefence.net provides information from the field of foreign and security policy. It all started in the year 2001. After 911 the founder and current editor in chief Holger Paletschek started to create a German-speaking website with an overview about the armed forces of the world. Today GlobalDefence.net stands for current news, background articles, geopolitical analyses, network of experts, industry leaders, political decision makers, as well as information about the armed forces of the world provided in German and English.
Mr. Jens Hohmann
c/o Contados Medien und Verlags KG
34132 Kassel / Germany
Fon: +49 (0)176 – 322 367 95
Fax: +49 (0)561 – 350 29 32 -19